There are good ways by which you can sell your home at an attractive price. But before that, you have to know the norms of how to sell your home. It is not easy selling a property. There are lots of things involved in the process.
Preparing Your Home for a Sale
Once you have decided to sell your home, it is necessary that you make yourself and your home ready for the sale. There are certain steps for making a home ideal for selling.
• You first need to detach yourself from your house. Let your emotions loose and try to convince yourself with the words, “this house no more belongs to me”. A mental disassociation is necessary. Think of your house as a product about to go on the market and your job is to make it look the best before you put your home for sale. This is one of very important steps of “How to Sell Your Home”.
• When preparing your home for sale….fixing & renovating the problems in your home is your next step. No one buys home with flaws unless it is priced lower then market value. I am sure….this is not the route you want to consider…..you want to rather sell your home for maximum price. You need to do this exercise before your house goes on the public mls. Potential buyers are generally not interested in hearing about your good intentions to look after defects before closing takes place, home buyers may not be able to visualize what your home will look like when the work is finished. You are discouraging buyers by showing them something, which gives them the feel of “Not very well kept home” i.e. you are yourself degrading your home value. If you are not aware of what needs to be fixed….take help of your professional Real Estate Agent and a Certified Inspector.
• Take away or remove all your personal belongings and keep them in some other place. This is really very important for you to know in the process of how to sell your home. Make sure that the entire house looks absolutely clean and iridescent before you put it in the market. It needs to show well…..which means clutter free and well kept Home. Ask your experienced real estate agent on what to remove from where during the home preparation stage i.e. immediately after signing the listing agreement but before putting it on market. During this stage, most of the expert listing real estate agents, try to help you make your property look the best by helping you remove items, which are not needed during the home selling process or are personal in nature.
• Ask your Experienced Realtor…..if you need to rearrange things within the house. This may make things appear systematic and many times cover the limitations of a specific house. There is no standard method and procedure to explain on how to sell your home about this important step…..as every house is different. Your experienced Realtor will have that eye to guide you on how to rearrange your furniture to let your house present to best of its potential.
• Next step on how to sell your home is to do market valuation for your property. For this purpose don’t just use your own expert opinion i.e. how much did your neighboring house sold for or how much you feel your house is worth? Leave this to the market evaluation professionals i.e. hire a professional market appraiser or for a planned subdivision even your local experienced real estate agent can appraise your property as most of qualified realtors expertise in comparative market analysis and guide you on best pricing options based on specific market & property conditions.
The Ultimate Step in How to Sell Your Home
Choosing the Right Real estate agent is the most important and ultimate step in how to sell your home for top dollars. He/She is the one, who will make all this happen for you by marketing your property to best of its potential. Interview atleast 3 agents before you finalize one. Few Important things which you want to consider in your listing agent are as below:
• Listing Commissions effect your bottom line…..however, it is not necessary that cheapest or most expensive is the best way to go. You need to review all parts of the marketing package offered by all three agents you have interview and take your decision without any pressure.
• Check your agents websites and profile, to be sure, that he/she have strong online presence i.e. marketing capabilities over the interest as 80%-90% buyers start from internet. he is full time professional and is licensed to list your property on TREB (One of the biggest real estate boards of Canada) to give maximum exposure to sell your home.
• Try to find (in Websites and profile provided)…..What other clients say about your Realtor and make sure he is working full time in this trade…..that assures you good service as and when required to Sell your home.
• Make Sure your Listing agent is not over occupied i.e. someone for example having 30 listings and you are #31…..what do you expect??? Each listing on an average demands atleast 1 hour of service everyday for a full service package…..how can one having 30 listings service all in a 8 working hours even if he gives half the time??? Unless you are happy getting serviced through a non experienced assistants or you are comfortable leaving 10 messages for your Big brand realtor to get your call returned.
If you are thinking on “how to sell my home” consider above steps as general guidelines….which will help you sell your house for maximum price at minimum cost!!!